Poker Cats

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Great Toaster Shoot

If you ain't got a gun/and you can't fucking run/I suggest you hit the deck, man.
-50 Cent



So while I was trying to finish off the sucky room bonus, 4-tabling on my laptop, I had three NL tables up on the WP. They were just up to humor me, to try to drain some 100 percent rake from the tight players there.

Then the unthinkable happened. A NL400 screen popped up with the action on me, $23 to go, two people in the pot. And me with 77.

So many tables were popping up that I didn't have any time to process it. I didn't even know that was a $2/4 NL table.

It seemed like a large raise. Well, fuck it, I call.

And then I flopped a set.

Flop was Q57 and all of a sudden one of the two callers is all in for $328.

Fuck! These people play so tight I am sure it means only one thing: overset.

But I push all-in anyway. The other guy folds.

The all-in guy has AA!

Yes! An $841 pot!!!

Soon all hell breaks loose and I'm unable to keep up with my sucky room tables, the tables I was meaning to play.

I flop another set in the NL$400 game and drag down $192. I force a player with $200 left to fold his $28 reraise of me because he's looking down the barrel of nearly $1,000 in chips.

On other tables, specatcular action. I make my gutshot straight and bust an NL$200 player. I flop another set of 4s and bust a player in NL$100.

It's about fucking time. These toasters have owed me.

2 Comments:

  • I guess that's what these multi-tablers do, just flop sets and take down monster pots. Sweet, kitty, sweet.

    By Blogger cc, at 10:38 PM  

  • Bonus, Brandie and I are most impressed. Don't repeat at my place...

    By Blogger thecaffiend, at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home