Poker Cats

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I am in the middle of nowhere, and I am going to play poker

RANGER, Ga. -- Today got whisked out to cover the search for the crash of the small plane flown by the first man to make Mach 2 in a plane.

He crashed in a remote part of the north Georgia mountains in stormy weather yesterday. It's amazing to me - he survived explosions and catastrophic failures in experimental aircraft for years, made a career out of it, and in the end, went out flying.

Anyway, I'm sitting in the back of our photog's very nice Volvo SUV and we're putting the lid on the day, IM'ing absinthe on why Giovanna hasn't called him. And losing my wireless connection. And bouncing on dirt roads. And not finding a convenience store or a Coke machine anywhere in sight.

It's amazing where you can get a signal. Looks like poker playing will happen after all. LOL

2 Comments:

  • You ought to knock on some random doors--I'm sure there are some good ole boys who wouldn't mind playing a little cards.

    By Blogger cc, at 12:06 AM  

  • I'm more concerned about being chased by dogs ... LOL

    By Blogger kurokitty, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home