Poker Cats

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Look before you leap!

Yesterday I thought I was in a pretty cushy spot. As the preflop raiser with AQs, I flopped top pair, top kicker plus the nut flush draw.

I was overjoyed when the small blind decided to check-raise me. So I got all my money in and ... lost to A5s two pair.

I was surprised that I was a pretty big dog in this, about 45 percent to his 55 percent from the flop. Plenty of outs but not quite enough to get the job done.

I guess that's why it's always good to analyze hands to help with future poker choices.

1 Comments:

  • But you're still getting it in on the flop against villain's range of hands. You're way ahead of his range.
    You can't fold no matter what happens. It's still a coinflip situation.

    By Blogger Gnome, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home