Poker Cats

Monday, August 02, 2010

Small stakes hold'em: protect those two pair!

One thing that I'm constantly seeing at lower limits NL tables are people incapable of protecting their flopped two pair.

I guess they're not incapable of doing that, they just choose to do it in the hopes of sugar plum fairies on the next two streets.

I think it was Phil Gordon who said that two pair is the average holding in hold'em.

The hand simply has to be protected. Doyle Brunson once said it's good to play two pair fast.

And what's worse, people are slowplaying it and even taking it to the river when the board pairs it is obvious their hand could be counterfeited.

2 Comments:

  • So glad this isn't a results- oriented game, because I can count on one hand the amount of times I fast played two pair, got it all in on the flop only to be sucked out by a better two pair on the turn or river. I probably have more built-up AIEV $$$ on flopped two pair hands than any other hand type...

    I'm going to start folding my two pair outright even if I know it's good at the current street.

    By Blogger The Poker Meister, at 2:05 PM  

  • lol!

    By Blogger kurokitty, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home