Poker Cats

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Playing with the right mindset

I try not to play poker when I'm tired because I can tell that just a little bit of tiredness can turn into making bad decisions easily. That includes making bad table selection.

At the same time, you have to play sometime, especially if you are chasing Full Tilt's Iron Man Challenge.

When I haven't played or haven't played very much recently I also feel that I'm a little bit rusty. I can't tell as easily from the flow of the game if the game has changed, if it's tightening up so much that I should get out. Or, even losing a little bit of money can be irritating to me. When you play enough you know that it's all part of the ebb and flow of the game.

I guess poker is a lot like running -- or running every day. You just have to keep at it enough so it seems natural. And that means all of the little aches that come along with it.

2 Comments:

  • I think it's smart to avoid playing poker when you're not up for it. Unlike running, you can't push through a poker session and expect to make any progress.

    By Blogger Gnome, at 2:33 PM  

  • a clear head and paitence is the key to winning, you can see so many times where people just get tired and shove. You never play a game unless you know you have all the time in the world and are rested

    By Blogger Poker 5050 blog, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home