Poker Cats

Monday, May 02, 2011

And this is for a bright blue sky

Unicoi State Park, Georgia
The word that would best describe this feeling/Would be haunted...
-Love and Rockets

So less than 24 hours ago, I was out with a few co-workers at Highland Tap when this guy comes up to the bar and wants the bartender to change the channel. I thought this would be something pretty random, but guess what? It was CNN's feed and the word was out that Osama Bin Laden had been killed in a U.S. commando raid.

Wow. I'm sure there are thousands of blogs that also are keeping this account for posterity but it was absolutely surreal. There are many times that news shocks but few times that it rouses the collective spirit.

It brought me back to the senseless death of my freshman roommate, Karleton Fyfe, how the world could be so small that strangers could affect our country in the 9/11 attacks.

But a shrinking world works both ways and the same world power that effectively ended online poker for U.S. players on April 15th is the same one that has no boundaries when it's time to get the job done.

We're talking about the U.S. of A, the biggest gang on the planet. Maybe terrorists should learn from Young Jeezy's world: "The only thing I fear is the mother----ing feds."

So where was I when I heard the news? I was sipping Remy Martin V.S.O.P. with friends, six days before my wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home